|Bentley wanted to dress-up to host and |
present the awards.
Happy Tuesday everyone! This is an exciting day at Barking from the Bayou. We are handing out our first awards. Last week I received three awards from one of my favorite bloggers, Jenna from Love Is Being Owned By A Husky http://ownedbyahusky.blogspot.com/. It was the first awards that I have received for my blogging so it really meant the world to me. The rules for bestowing these awards on others seemed pretty loose with no set number of recipients. I had a very difficult time choosing whom to honor because there are so many great bloggers in my community. If I awarded all of my favorite blogs, my list would be ridiculously long! The only stipulation was with the Liebster Award, which is for new blogs.
The Liebster requires me to share five things that most people don’t know about me. Well, that’s kinda awkward but rules are rules so…
1. I have known my husband since I was 5 years old. He was my older brother’s best friend since they were in the 4th grade. We will be married 32 years this June.
2. I coached cheerleading for 15 years. I coached beginning with kindergarteners and followed them up through high school. I coached the Varsity squad for the last 5 of those years. We cheered at games and were a competitive squad. I took two squads to the national level of competing. (I know drama and hormonal teenage girls waaaay too well!)
3. I was president of my children’s school PTA at the same time Bill Clinton (no relation) was the U.S. President. This makes me the FIRST female President Clinton (not Hillary, just in case). We would send out mailers stating that President Clinton would speak at our meetings!
4. I’ve seen both Queen and Pink Floyd in concert. (It was a big deal in the 70’s!)
5. I was a Directory Assistant operator (411) before computers. We used huge phone books to look up telephone numbers. (I can still find numbers at lightning speed. A useless talent until your cellphone dies!)
Now that you know some truly useless facts about me, let’s get to the awards!!
The Liebster Award:
Damien’s Best Dog Toys http://www.damiensbestdogtoys.com/ by: Mark Scott
Best Blog Around the World:
Dakota’s Den http://dakotasden.net/ by: Caren Osrin Gittleman
Dogs ‘N Pawz http://dogsnpawz.com/ by: Lisa Brown
Fidose of Reality http://fidoseofreality.com/ by: Carol Bryant
Greyhounds Can Sit http://greyhoundscansit.com/ by: Sue Muir
My Brown Newfies & Me http://mybrownnewfies.com/ by: Jennifer Costello
My GBGV Life http://mygbgvlife.com/ by: Emma & her mom,Joy Schneider
Pawsitively Pets http://www.mypawsitivelypets.com/ by: Ann Staub
Sand Spring Chesapeakes http://sandspringchesapeakes.wordpress.com/ by JoAnn Stancer
Sugar the Golden Retriever http://www.sugarthegoldenretriever.com/ by: Sugar & her mom Rosalyn Acero
Award of Excellence:
Dachshund Nola http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com/ by: Nola’s mom, Amanda
Molly the Fun Dog http://mollythefundog.blogspot.com/ by: Justyn Simon
My GBGV Life http://mygbgvlife.com/ by: Emma & her mom, Joy Schneider
Pooch Smooches http://poochsmooches.blogspot.com/ by: Jackie Bouchard
Sugar the Golden Retriever http://www.sugarthegoldenretriever.com/ by: Sugar & her mom, Rosalyn Acero
The K9 HarpeLee http://thek9harperlee.wordpress.com/ by: Miss Harper Lee
Tiffany and the Cattle Aussies http://www.cattleaussies.blogspot.com/
Wag ‘N Woof Pets http://www.wagnwoofpets.com/ by: Janet Keefe
Your Special Dog http://yourspecialdog.blogspot.com/
Please take time to visit the award winning blogs. These bloggers impress, motivate, and inspire me every day. If you are not following them, I highly recommend each one of them.
I guarantee that you will love them too!