Bentley: “It’s time for another segment of Questions to Bentley. This letter comes from
my Mom Anonymous.”
How do I know if I am spoiling my adorable Basset Hound? I have been accused of giving into his every whim. Are there pampering guidelines?
Thanks, Baffled Basset Mom
Thank you for your intriguing question. Personally, I don’t believe that a dog can be too spoiled. However, there are certain tell-tail signs that you may possibly be construed as pampering.
1. Your dog has one or more monogrammed collars, items of clothing, or other pet products.
2. You have spent hours getting the perfect photo of the dog for your Christmas card.
3. You sneak the dog’s Christmas presents inside, so they will be surprised.
4. Your dog has its own Christmas tree ornament and stocking.
5. You sign their names to the family Christmas card and even add little paw prints.
6. The dog has the most gifts under the tree.
7. You watch “A Charlie Brown Christmas” with your dog, so they can see Snoopy as the WW1 Flying Ace. You are certain the dog is laughing at it.
8. You play the barking dogs “Jingle Bells” for their entertainment.
9. You have been looking at Christmas doggie pajamas online.
10. There is no way you will miss the Santa Paws photo shoot at the pet store.
If you nodded your head at most of these, you may be accused of dog spoiling. We at Barking from the Bayou think every dog should be spoiled this holiday season. I hope this helps.
According to an infograph provided by my BlogPaws Influencer Group, I am not the only pet parent that is pampering their pet for Christmas. I am happy to know that readers and bloggers trust what influential bloggers recommend for this gift-giving season.
We will be featuring a great Christmas Gift Guide in the upcoming days. Until then, we can definitely recommend all of the items in Bentley’s Favorite Things giveaway. Today, we begin in alphabetical order to tell you what you have a chance to win!
Second, we have what we believe truly is the best tug toys from our friends at Damien’sBest Dog Toys. Bentley loves all of his Damien tug toys and we play hard with them every day. Ours still look brand new. We reviewed the awesome toys back in February. If you are looking for the perfect tug toy, this is it.
Be sure to enter for your chance to win these along with other fabulous dog products in Bentley’s Favorite Things giveaway.
*Click Here for Easy Entry*
It’s Friday and that means it’s time for our Pet Parade! Don’t hesitate to join in the Pet Parade. Remember, you don’t have to play an instrument or twirl a baton…there’s not even any marching in straight lines required! It is just fun to share your favorite post with others. As always, I am joined in the co-hosting duties with Rascal and Rocco, Basil the Bionic Cat Blog, Love is being owned by a Husky, and Jan’s Funny Farm. Hop along with the link up below.