Tuesday, October 27, 2015

We Found the Beef #Evanger's

   I have been learning so much about proper nutrition over the past year. Like many pet parents, I used to buy the well-recognized brands. I trusted they were best for my dogs because that is what the commercials told me. I ended up with overweight dogs that ate grain and artificial ingredients. I like to say, “When we know better, we do better.” That is one reason that I enjoy writing Barking from the Bayou. I get to share products that will improve the lives of our pets. Everyone wants the best for their four-legged family members without breaking the bank. Today I am sharing a dog food that will meet those needs. Plus, your dog is going to love it!
Basset Hound Licking stack of Evanger's dog food cans
 Evanger’s® has been around since 1935 when Fred Evanger built a canning factory at his champion Great Danes’ kennel. He realized that a quality pet food, free of harmful additives and preservatives was a must-have for raising the healthiest dogs. Still a family-run business, they are recognized for superior dog and cat food. All of their products are proudly made in the U.S.A. with 90% of all ingredients sourced within 50 miles from the company. The other 10% comes from American farms.
   It was in 2003 when Evanger’s created a food that was packed by hand instead of by machines. This started a new trend in pet food that they call, “People Food for Pets™. They were recently recognized as the 2015 Editors’ Choice Awards Pet Product News Winner.
Evanger's Hunk of Beef in dog bowl along with can.
   We are excited to introduce you to Evanger’s Hand Packed Hunk of Beef Au Jus. That means it is packed in its own juices. The process allows the meat to maintain it shape and nutritional values. There is no artificial colors, grains, or gluten. It has two ingredients; beef and beef broth. This makes it perfect as a topper on your dog’s regular food. We use it as the protein source in our dehydrated vegetable pre-mix food. The premium tender beef roast smells wonderful and the dogs love it. If they didn’t see me open the can, I could pass it off as home-cooked! Whether it’s the beef, sardines, or chicken recipe, you can be assured that you are giving your pets the best.
   Find out more about Evanger’s by following them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
*We were given a case of Evanger’s Hunk of Beef in exchange for an honest review. Barking from the Bayou/mkclinton.com only share product information that we feel will be beneficial to our audience. All opinions are our own and Evanger’s is not responsible for the contents of this post.
It'd really be neat if you'd retweet!



  1. That looks great... and it would be the perfect food for a big guy like me :o)

  2. Hunk of Beef, I love it! It fits you perfect!

  3. That does sound like great food. I am going to check it out and see if they have cat food. Great review. Tell the Mom that our Mom is reading her book, 'The Returns' and enjoying it a lot.

  4. I have not even heard of it!! I bet my huskies would lovvvvvvve it though!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

  5. Pre blog, Mom was the same way. We ate a good food, but not an excellent food and we got lots of treats that were not really the best. We all feel so good now that we are on the right track. We have had Evangers products and they are tasty and healthy!

  6. That was a good find
    Lily & Edward

  7. I am always wanting to learn more about food because of Cocoa and her sensitive tummy. I love that saying, when you know better you do better!! Our food is one of the most important things we can do for our health and of course our pups. Thank you for this post.

  8. I've never heard of this food but I do like that there are only two ingredients, that's a novel idea!
    Love & Biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

  9. Sounds and looks doggy delicious!

  10. mmmmmmmm yummy!
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

  11. Looks delish to us too!!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

  12. Mom is mean - she only gave me canned food when I had my teeth out :)

  13. A single-ingredient canned dog food? Now that's the way to go!!

  14. Drooling, looks good. Lady hasn't seen that brand here in Canada. She will have to look for it.

  15. That does sound (almost) good enough to eat and the dogs would love it!

  16. Wow, that really does look like real human food - impressive! We have heard of this brand, but didn't know too much about it. They sound great!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

  17. We are going to have to give this food a try! Thanks for the great review!


I'd love to hear from you! Bark back!