Today is World Kindness Day. It’s the perfect day to share a few ideas on how you can help your local shelter. The colder weather is not far off and in some areas, has already arrived. This is a tough time for many rescue groups. People are busy preparing for the holidays. Buying Christmas presents can put a strain on everyone’s budget. I hope this list will show you that helping doesn’t have to cost too much.
· Many stores have fleece blankets for sale under $4.00. Pick up one or two whenever you see a great price.
· Shelters are always in need of paper towels and cleaning supplies. Keep an eye out for bargains.
· While you are busy in the kitchen, why not bake a batch of dog treats? There are many recipes that can be prepared with ingredients you probably already have in your cabinets. Check my Dog Yummies board on Pinterest!
· Volunteer a couple of hours. There are always dogs that need to be walked or exercised.
· Offer to help clean up the dogs' play area or empty litter boxes.
· Do you have a green thumb? You could work in the yard or adding some flowers near the entrance.
· Any donation of toys will be appreciated. There are so many DIY ideas that cost little or nothing. Again, check my Dog Crafts board on Pinterest.
· If you put your spare change in a jar each day, you’ll be surprised how quickly it adds up. Donate that money at the end of the month.
· If none of those ideas appeal to you, sharing the adoptable dogs and cats on your social media costs absolutely nothing. When you are on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, post a photo of a homeless pet in your area.
· I made these fliers for dogs that are available for adoption from our local Humane Society of NW. Louisiana with Pose-A-Pet®. It’s a free app and does a terrific job!
*The Humane Society of NW Louisiana is in a contest to win $5,000. Voting is simple and only takes a moment. I’d appreciate you casting a vote for them. Vote Here.
If there is one thing that we can learn from dogs and cats, it is kindness. Pass it on.
Happy #WorldKindnessDay ♥ Discover 10 Ways to Help a Shelter on Barking from the Bayou today. @HSNWLA @PoseAPet https://t.co/Vuxk7x0WWu— M. K.Clinton (@mk_clinton) November 13, 2015
Today is the Pet Parade Blog Hop! Join the fun with Rascal and Rocco, Bionic Basil’s Blog, Love is being owned by a Husky, and me to celebrate. Grab our badge and hop along!