We are making an exception to our Monday-Friday posts by sharing a special post today. We wanted to participate in the 2016 Pet Bloggers Challenge. Bloggers are given questions about their blogging experiences over the last year.
Here we go!
Answer: I have been Barking from the Bayou for two years. It features BFTB NETWoof News each Monday where my dogs report the latest dog news, sports, and the weather forecast. The rest of the week includes product reviews, helpful dog tips, and opinions. My goal is for all of my readers to leave a bit happier than when they arrived.
2. What is the one thing that you accomplished during 2015, either on your blog or because of it, that made you most proud?
Answer: One of my proudest moments was when a quote from my book series appeared in Modern Dog magazine. My blog has been well-received and my traffic continues to grow. I was an Ambassador for the 2015 BlogPaws™ conference which was a huge honor and a lot of fun! I’m proud that I am an Ambassador for Dr. Harvey’s.
3. Which of your blog posts was favorite this year and why? (Please include a link.)
Answer: My favorite post in 2016 was, “Does Your Dog Think That You Stink?” It was to mark the one-year anniversary of when I stopped smoking after more than 40 years! It highlights the dangers of second-hand smoke to our pets.
4. A was that many of us wanted to increase the size of our audiences. Whether or not we intend to monetize our blogs, it seems we’d all like to reach more people. It feels good to know that we’re connecting with others, sharing a laugh or supporting a cause, and it’s motivating to see those numbers grow! What is one thing you’ve done in the past year that has brought more traffic to your blog?
Answer: I finally joined Facebook. I have also been utilizing LinkedIn, but Twitter has long been my favorite social media outlet.
5. Which of your blog posts got the most traffic this year? Why do you think it was so popular? (Please include a link.)
Answer: Thanks to my groomer and a strong push from my BlogPaws friends, the post with the highest views was, “Feeling Fabulous with PetSmart Grooming.” The second most popular was, “Finding a Great Veterinarian is an AAHA Moment.” I believe this one gained so much popularity because people are searching for the best care they can receive for their pets.
6. What is one blog that you read religiously – other than your own – and what makes you such a devoted reader? (Please include a link.)
Answer: This is a difficult question because there are several blogs that I read every day. Those include My GBGV Life (I love the dogs, humor, and photography) Love is Being Owned by a Husky (Always a fun read) SandSpring Chesapeakes (Very informative and great dogs) Sugar the Golden Retriever (I love Sugar’s great recipes) SlimDoggy (Food and Fitness) There are so many more that I never miss, but these are the first four that I read each morning.
7. What resources do you rely on to enhance your technical, writing, photography, social media, or other skills that improve your blog?
Answer: I have learned an incredible amount by belonging to the BlogPaws Community. The knowledge and brand exposure gained at the BlogPaws conference is invaluable. I am also a huge fan of YouTube videos for any and all “How-To” questions.
8. What is the best piece of advice you can offer other bloggers?
Answer: Write about what you are passionate about and always be honest with your readers. People read blogs to learn or be entertained. I will not read posts where bloggers are constantly complaining or focusing on the negative aspects of life.
9. What is your vision for your blog in 2016? Do you have specific goals?
Answer: I have decided to only post Mondays thru Fridays for the foreseeable future. I am writing my third book and have set myself a time frame to finish. I have a few other goals specifically for the blog but they are not ready to share with everyone…yet!
10. You have the attention of the pet blogging community – is there one blogging challenge you’d like help with or one aspect of your blog that you’d like input on?
Answer: The biggest problem that I have on my page is with the Twitter share button. It used to work fine but for reasons that are beyond me, it now puts my name at the beginning of tweets. This causes Twitter to refuse to share. If ANYONE can tell me how to remedy this, you will become my new hero!
Join me as I take the 2016 Pet Blogger Challenge. @GoPetFriendly #petbloggerchallenge https://t.co/tbGdKNTxmj *Special Sunday blog post!— M. K.Clinton (@mk_clinton) January 10, 2016
I am participating in The 2016 Pet Bloggers challenged hosted by