It is hot on the Bayou. Triple digit hot. And humid. It’s the kind of weather that would make the devil sweat. We have learned ways to beat the Louisiana summer heat. It is probably hot where you are too, so here are some tips that we find helpful.
1. Stay indoors and play with your toys. This is also a good excuse to buy new summer toys that are marked down to make room for Halloween costumes.
2. Play with your best friend. When it is too hot to chase squirrels or each other, we like to play a little throw-down in the house.
3. Enjoy a cool treat like doggy ice cream. It is simple to make your own frozen delights and save money.
4. A little retail therapy never hurts. August is a great time to beat the heat with a shopping spree at your favorite pet store. You can pick up those discounted toys and summer clothes. Don’t forget to fetch a treat or two.
5. Go jump in the lake! There is nothing more relaxing than a day on the water. Be sure to follow safety rules.
Always keep an eye on your pets during these hot days. Know the signs of heat stroke and always provide plenty of fresh water and shade for your best friend.
It's the Pet Parade Blog Hop! Join the fun with Rascal and Rocco, Bionic Basil’s Blog, Love is being owned by a Husky, and me. We are open all week!