no candy in this house, the mama tries te re-invent the wheel and bought only small toys and stationary stuff for the kiddos :o)
Oh nose.....I had better cut back on the puppicinos!Loves and licky kissesPrincess Leah xxx
We don't have any candy here either...we really don't get any trick or treaters where we live! Great PSA though!
Great post, guys! We rarely have candy in our house and mom is extra careful if we do.
My mom can't keep candy around here or she eats it herself! I think families with kids and dogs have the most troubles. Good advice.
Great reminder, and great information ! Purrs
A very good reminder. Angel Joey dog used to give a chocolate warning at Halloween time as well as at Easter and Christmas. Once when he was young, he stole a piece of designer dark chocolate from ghostwriter's room. He was immediately given an ounce of hydrogen peroxide. After several tense moments, he threw up and the chocolate came out. He was dosed a second time and that seemed to clear it all out. He would have been dead if no one figured out it was he that stole the chocolate!
Helpful info to share! Luckily Rita is super picky and not interested in chocolate! When I was little we had a beagle. One year we hung foil-wrapped chocolate Santa ornaments on the tree. He snuck in the living room (he wasn't really allowed in that one room of the house - he could seriously be a "stealth beagle" when he wanted to be!) and removed all the ones he could reach and even managed to unwrap them. We found all these wrappers on the floor later around the bottom of the tree. Luckily they were just small pieces of milk chocolate, so he didn't get sick!
Always great to remind folks. Pinning the Orvis infographic to our Bark About board for others to see. Thanks for a great post!
We love this infographic! The Dadz has a sweet tooth...OK, I do too! So we almost always have candy in the house but it is kept way out of the dogs' reach. I think there are many people who are not aware of the issues with chocolate though, so we're sharing.Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets
Good information. We don't really do Halloween here, and SHE doesn't like chocolate, so we never have it around....one less thing to worry about.
This is such important information. Xylitol was brought up to us when Greta ate the mushroom hugsMr bailey, Hazel & Mabel
Good reminder! This applies to cats too.
Pawsome graphics describing the dangers of eating candy. Now if only the dad would read this. 😆
Paisley is glad I read this since she wants to take her sister trick or treating
Oh, that is so very impawtent!!! I loved the chart showing the different kinds of chocolate and the weight of the dog!!! Thanks guys! um....I still gets a marshymellows, right??? I do loves the marshymellows....Kisses,Ruby ♥
A great infographic! Have to be safe during the holidays.
I'd love to hear from you! Bark back!