I am writing this on behalf of my bestie Pierre the Westie and myself. It is an urgent plea to those of you that are thinking of engaging in the custom of lighting pyrotechnics this New Year’s Eve. We decided it would be a public service to point out all of the reasons that fireworks in the hands of amateurs are a bad idea.
• You are literally blowing up your money. Big. Money.
• Fireworks make a mess on the street and we aren’t allowed to eat them. This is unfair on every level.
• Humans are treated in the ER each year due to fireworks injuries. You could put someone’s eye out or lose a finger with those things.
• They scare the bejeebers out of me and other dogs. Seriously, it sounds like we are in a war zone. We are peace (& quiet) loving dogs.
• You never know where the projectiles will land. You could accidentally start a fire two street away!
• Fireworks wake up babies. Nobody wants to wake up a sleeping baby, am I right?
• It is easier to go to a professional firework display and a whole lot cheaper. There are also no professional firework displays near my home. #BrilliantIdea
We feel that these are more than enough reasons to change your mind about using fireworks to celebrate the New Year. Yours truly,
Bentley & Pierre
↓ Affiliate Link ↓