Have you ever seen a Basset Hound puppy? Those big brown eyes and long droopy ears can melt the hardest of hearts. You should be warned once you go Basset, you never go back. Before you make your decision here are 10 Basset Hound facts you should know.
1. Basset Hounds are deep-thinkers. Okay, you might call it stubborn, but they will never admit it. They do obey and can be trained, but only when it benefits them in some way. #WillWorkForFood
2. Food is the way to a Basset’s heart. Don’t get me wrong, they will love you and are very faithful. Unless someone offers them food. Then, they will catch you on the flipside after they devour whatever food has been offered. You will never have crumbs on your floor again.
3. They hound you relentlessly. If a Basset wants something, you might as well go ahead and give it to them. They will refuse to leave you alone until their demands are met. Why do you think they are called hounds?
4. Those adorable ears stay on the ground, in the mud and in their food. A snood can eliminate that problem, but be prepared to receive the 'mistreated Basset' look.
5. They have the ability to make you instantly feel sorry for them. This sad expression will be used to get whatever they want throughout their lives. Bassets know that humans are helpless against it.
6. A Basset Hound insists on smelling everything and I mean every little thing. You must never rush the sniff. Trying to rush a Basset is an act in futility. *Refer back to #1.
7. Bassets rule the drool. If you don’t like slobber on your floors, clothes, and walls then a Basset might not be your ideal dog.
8. No matter how big they get, a Basset still believes they are a lap dog. You are not allowed to disagree with this belief.
9. Basset Hounds have the ability to sleep anywhere, anytime. Their favorite place to catch some zzz’s will always be where you want to sit. You will need to find another spot because they believe possession is 100% of the law.
10.They are lovers, not fighters. A Basset wants to hug, cuddle and be the center of your universe. It’s one of the best parts of loving a Basset Hound.
Every breed has certain quirks that you can’t really appreciate until they have captured your heart. These were some of the lovable fun facts of the Basset Hound. If you want to find out more about the breed, please refer to my series, Basset Hounds 101 Part One, Part Two, Part Three, Part Four, and Part Five.
RT ~ 10 Basset Hound Facts That You Should Know today on Barking from the Bayou. https://t.co/8VCeckhPUq #humor #dogs— M. K.Clinton (@mk_clinton) January 21, 2016
It is Thoughtless Thursday’s blog hop with Ruckus the Eskie, Love is being owned by a Husky and me. We don’t have a bunch of rules, just link up and have fun!