This is not the usual post for me but I was showing someone an iPhone hack the other day and thought that it'd be nice to share. If you're like me, the keyboard and iPhone do things that I never dreamed possible. When I was a child, an abacus was considered high tech! This means the things that are possible to do with today’s computers and iPhones still boggle my mind.
There are a few hacks that I have learned over time that I thought you might like to know. If you have any others, please share them in the comments below.
I know there are many things available on the keyboard but these are the ones that I use the most often. Feel free to pin or print this list. I have it tacked to the bulletin board over my desk.
* Put your phone in Airplane Mode for faster charging.
* Let someone know where you are with the Send My Current Location by messaging them and clicking Details in the upper right corner.
* If you make a mistake typing, gently shake your phone. You will receive a prompt to undo typing. No more backspacing!
* You can take a photo by pushing the volume UP button when you're in camera mode. It's great for taking selfies and horizontal shots.
*Take a screenshot by pressing the Off button and the Home button at the same time.
*Double-tap the space bar to insert a period and space.
* iOS keyboard will give you .com options when you press and hold the period.
*Your compass app turns into a level with a swipe to the left.
* The Do Not Disturb feature is wonderful but what if a family member has an emergency? You can enable these calls to get through by selecting Settings> Do Not Disturb, the moon appears and you can select specific settings.
* You can immediately access the flashlight, timer, calculator and camera by swiping your screen from the bottom upwards.
* You can change Siri’s voice to sound American, Australian or British as well as a male or female. Go to Settings> General and select Siri. You can listen to each voice and choose your favorite. #AustralianMale
Enjoy the Pet Parade Blog Hop! Join the fun with Rascal and Rocco, Bionic Basil’s Blog, Love is being owned by a Husky, and me. We are open all week!