As I was mulling over what to write about for my Thoughtless Thursday post, Pierre came over to me. It was clear there was something on his mind. He pointed out the fact that I’ve not written a post about things people should know about a Westie. I have done several about a Basset Hound so to be completely fair; here is my list of things I've learned from Pierre.
10 Things You Should Know About a Westie
1. Their proper name is the White West Highland Terrier. Westie is their nickname, but Pierre prefers “His Fabulousness.”
2. They were bred to catch rats but are proficient at catching lizards, small geckos, moles, turtles, and bugs.
3. Westies are a happy breed. Pierre is the happiest dog that I’ve ever known. He exudes happiness from the time he wakes up until he goes to bed.
4. They are stuffed toy killers. Do not expect them to feel any remorse. They won’t.
5. Squirrels are life, the rest is just details. It is Pierre’s life ambition to catch a squirrel. Our squirrels know that and taunt him relentlessly.
6. They lick hard and fast. Pierre loves to give kisses on your face while you are asleep. It is impossible to gauge the speed of his tongue or the actual L.P.S. (licks per second)
7. A Westie can sleep in ANY position. Even when Pierre is asleep, he can hear a banana being peeled!
8. Grooming and brushing is very important. Westies get tangles and are quick to look a hot mess. They must have played a part in the invention of Velcro®, because EVERYTHING sticks to them.
9. You need to bathe a Westie regularly, especially if they sleep in your bed. They are snugglers.
10. Westies love to watch television. We have talked to other Westie parents whose dogs watch television too. I walked into the living room the other evening and there was Pierre propped up on a pillow watching The Bachelor! I cracked up laughing.
Here are 10 things you should know about a #Westie dog. https://t.co/cEGd1BhXOA #ThoughtlessThursday— M. K.Clinton (@mk_clinton) February 4, 2016
Pierre: “I appreciate you sharing some of my marvelous qualities. There are a few more things that I’d like to add but these are a good start. I’m sure that our Westie friends can add some of their own.”
It is Thoughtless Thursday’s blog hop with Ruckus the Eskie, Love is being owned by a Husky and me. The rules are, there are no rules!